Runny Noses and Fall.

posted on: Monday, September 23, 2013



It only seemed fitting that we should welcome in Fall with a round of colds and runny noses. Why didn't anyone fill me in on the runny nose dilemma before I had kids?  It's embarrassing  how many times I've gone into public and only then noticed "Oh hey, snot on my boob. Oh hey, snot in my hair." I'm sure you can imagine how the whole conversation went down when John got to work and realized he had snot in his crotch. We've both succumb to the fact that we'll be living in a perpetual state of runny noses and dirty shirts and pants for the next 18 years. 

But we're on the mend (except for the runny noses) and for the first year in a long time I'm excited for Fall. Nobody does Fall that we do. Maybe the East Coast can compete with their trees, but really when you think about it, it's totally a Montana thing. And really, why can't we have just one thing?

Okay, bare with me. Imagine, a rustic log cabin situated along a slow rushing creek with the sound elk bugling deep on the mountain side, a fire smoldering in corner with burly men adorned in camo tracking muddy boots through the kitchen after an early morning hunt. The honking of Canadian Geese trekking their way south with the slow rustling on pine trees by the crisp morning breeze. Fall is mountain-y, rugged, layered in flannel, and coated in the sweet scent of apple pie and beef stew. I mean come on, it just sounds like Montana. 

But maybe I'm wrong. Come see, we'll give you a taste of our Fall and maybe a runny nose too.

2 comments:

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger